HMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMA

Those interested of the bondage and molesting of Hidan...welcome. =w=

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Classic Project Dvdrip 1 Link
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:22 am by 

» Videos Gratis De Enanos Follandose A Gay Y Homosexuales En 3gp
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 am by 

» Codigo Autocad 2014
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:48 am by 

» Are people still checking this site?
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 pm by Rayne Kinatamaru

» My turn now...
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 pm by NiaKira19

» Hidan's English Voice Confirmed...EPIC FAIL!
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 pm by NiaKira19

» New Topic!
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:19 pm by NiaKira19

» ...............I cannot think of a good title...................
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:13 pm by NiaKira19

» ... I'm gonna phail. -_-
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:47 pm by Rayne Kinatamaru

Forum
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 44 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:21 am
Top posters
Saikoukage | Roy
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_vote_lcapThere's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_voting_barThere's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_vote_rcap 
Minoushje
There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_vote_lcapThere's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_voting_barThere's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_vote_rcap 
Himokage | Cooky
Paige| Cooky's Right Hand
Zen | The Lawyer
Nena
Nikki | Treasurer
Sasuke
Zumi
Blueberry996

There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... Empty
PostSubject: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:45 am

Or is it just me? I just have the feeling it's quiet here... maybe now that the new-ness is off people don't find it fun anymore... or maybe I spend just too much time on this site... I don't know...

I hate my job and so I spend a lot of time on the internet... either here or finding a site that isn't blocked by Webmarshall (I hate that program) so I can catch up with the Naruto manga... I only recently started reading it, currently I'm at chapter 150, so I have lots of reading to do.

Seriously, I didn't like school since I was the stereotype invisible girl... only visible when they didn't finish there homework. But every since I'm in the 'adult-working-world' (or whatever you wanna call it) I long back to the days I could go to school.
After High School (to call it by American standards... Dutch school works differently) I did go to college... Law school... but I didn't finish that and the one I tried after that same thing... yadayadayada.... to make a long stories short, I have no decent education so I can only get crappy jobs. But Dutch school system sucks so I can't go back to school either.
Besides even if it didn't suck I don't know what job I would want to spend the rest of my life doing. The only thing I'm 100% sure about is that I want to be a mother... but that doesn't pay the bills.

*sigh*

Why did I just wrote all this??
Not a clue... I guess I needed to complain about something... It's what I'm good at.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quizilla.com/user/minoushje/
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

Location : In my basement...reading Manga. @.@ So many to read before I can buy more!

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Well, I think it's good that you could kind of get all of that off of your chest. I know I feel a lot better when I can type out all of my frustrations and everything online.

And, you're right...it has been pretty quiet around here recently. I mean, I'm even having a whole conversation with myself in the 'Nara estate...whatever.' topic. I have too much time on my hands right now, since I'm sick and unable to go to school. (No matter how much I hate missing school, they wouldn't let me in because I have a cough and a runny nose. Stupid influenza. It isn't even H1 N1!)

Oh well, if people get bored of this site, there are always going to be people who still like it, right?

:3 And you weren't really complaining as much as some people I know. Trust me, I've heard a lot of complaining in my time. Heehee, and I'm only 16! Sad, isn't it? Whatever... >> I'm rambling now...so, I'll stop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quizilla.com/user/EightRedRoses
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:33 am

Glad to hear that I don't complain as much as I think I'm doing ^.^ and I hope you feel better soon ^.^

I swear people make a too big fuss about the swine flu (that's how it's called in English, right?). It's just a bad flu... I've heard of many cases in my neighborhood and sure they felt miserable and really sick but it's nothing dangerous... only to those who already have a bad immune system, the people who died in Holland were all very sick to start with (auto-immune diseases and such).

Here in the Netherlands they are about to vaccinate everyone but I'm not getting it... it's a load of chemical junk and it's not thoroughly investigated... plus there's something dirty going on, if you know what I mean... let's just say it has got to do with a lot of money.

If it's my time to go then so be it... risking I sound like Neji but... you can't evade your destiny. Or in a more religious way: If God wants you back there is nothing that's going to stop him (Yes I believe in God, I just have something against churches/priests and such).

Okay I'm going to stop now... I shouldn't start talking about religion/church and so on cause that will make this way too long... (seriously there's something really wrong with that institution)
Back to top Go down
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

Location : In my basement...reading Manga. @.@ So many to read before I can buy more!

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks. ^^;;; I'm pretty sure I'll be better by Monday or Tuesday. I've been taking it easy and doing what I could to help myself get better faster.

I would probably be a gonner if I did have swine flu. D: My immune system SUCKS! When I get a cold, it lasts for MONTHS instead of the usual couple of weeks. ^^;;; Which is why I'm always surprised about making it this far in life.

I'm not a huge believer in god. *sweatdrop* It's not that I don't believe, it's just...so many horrible things happen, and everyone assumes it's "The Devil" doing it all, but I don't think so. I'm just too...what's the word...I don't know. I just take a lot of convincing before I really believe in something. D: My mom's side of the family all think I'm a horrible person because I believe in science. And they also think I'm funny; which I don't understand. @.@

I should really stop rambling...if you read that whole thing; I'm sorry!
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah, I understand what you mean... for me, it's more that I feel there is something watching over us humans... whether that is God or guardian angels I'm not sure.

However I can also agree with one of my teachers...
"When I die I end up in the ground... eaten by worms."
I thought it was hilarious XD

I don't believe in the devil or something like that... nor do I believe in something as Heaven and Hell (though I tend to use the term 'in Heaven's name' a lot). I think that is made up by the church... if it exists and the rules of the church are true 90% of the world will go to Hell... it'll be over-populated in no time XD

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have started about religion... I keep on talking about that *sigh* Oh and I don't mind you rambling... it's fun to talk about something else besides Naruto ((not that I mind talking about that... since it is my fav subject... much to the annoyance of my mum XD))
Back to top Go down
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Eheh...well, I don't usually get a chance to talk aout stuff like this and not have people starting to ate me because I didn't want their religion shoved down my throat.

I just think there are some religions that could loosen up a bit. I mean, there are some mormons in Marching band, and a lot of the flutes are mormon, so I never really get a chance to tell them that they're too high-strung. >> There are some mormons, though, who actually took to the whole "Band kids are dirty" thing, and they'll even crack a pervy joke once in a while. It's pretty funny. ^^;;;

Oh, and in my house, we're all pretty loose around religion, so my nicknames around the house are "Gob" or "Saytan" (Yes, they're supposed to have the typoes). xD I'm pretty sure I gave each to myself for being really lucky, and sometimes "evil" according to my dad. And my dad is the "Gob-father". Heehee, it's fun not being super religious.

But, it is fun to talk about other stuff sometimes. :3 I mean, talking about Naruto is fun, but sometimes I just feel like talking about something else.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:05 am

Yeah exactly ^.^

Saytan?? Sounds funny... I'm going to try to remember that one. In Dutch it's the same thing for me... the Dutch word for devil is 'duivel' but I'm calling him 'duvel' ((though it's kind of hard to explain this since you should hear the difference to be able to understand it))

And I gave God a change of appearance... stereotype he's a wise old man or something... I think God is a young woman.

Okay... I cutting this short... I have to go to a birthday and before that I have to shave my brother's head XD (it's cheaper then going to the hairdresser... you don't need a diploma to shave someone's hair almost completely off... I find it hilarious my brother is 20 and already he's starting to go bald... or what's the correct way of saying that)
Back to top Go down
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm

I think it would be more believable if god was a woman. I mean, I don't know any man who could have such mood swings and kill off a bunch of people for no good reason.

:3 But, that's funny. A 20-year-old balding man. I think my dad started balding in his thirties. >.> I don't remember, though...since I was just being born and everything...

(It took me forever to respond to this because of the math homework I'd been neglecting since Friday. ^^;;; My neighbor brought it home for me so I wouldn't get behind in Pre-Calc. >> It's a tough class...the teacher is one of those creepy-happy-in-the-morning-people.)
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 am

omg I had teachers like that too... o_O ...they were scary.

I never had trouble with math (though I completely forgot how to use it these days... don't ask me how that Phytagoras-thingy works... I forgot) the only thing I truly sucked at was P.E. ... sadly enough that was one of the few subjects you couldn't drop. Everything else I sucked at, I droppped as soon as I had the chance (German, chemistry, physics).

Dutch-English-French-History-Geography-Economics-Biology-Math-Social Studies-P.E.
Those are the classes I had in my last year... English being my fav subject. My teacher was hilarious, he got really angry when he saw Romeo & Julia with Leonardo Dicaprio... guns in a classic is so very wrong.

And my history teacher had a God-complex... my friend and I were sitting in the cafeteria and her nose itched she shouted 'Goddammit' real loud (luckily the place was as good as empty) and that teacher happen to pass at that moment.... "Why are you talking about me?" He said as he continued to walk. "Sir, it's starting to smell here." I called after him (Dutch expression, arrogancy smells bad) but that got me a I'm-pretending-to-be-angry/offended-look.

That's the best thing about being in your last year... teacher take stuff like that better from you since you're in your last year... basically they don't give a shit. Just keep a little bit of respect and they'll accept those sudden outbursts.
It's fun to think back about things you did in High School... XD
Back to top Go down
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm

My classes are interesting, to say the least. >.>

Math, Chemistry, Symphonic Band, American Literature, Photography, U.S. History.

My math teacher is, as I mentioned, creepy. D: But, at least she was nice enough when I told her about being sick.
My Chem. teacher is the most boring man on the face of the Earth. He loves hearing himself talk, and he has a Monotone. DX
My Band teacher is a redhead, so he's always making jokes about redheads being "smarter" and everything. And he likes to joke around with everyone, make everyone comfotable around him and stuff.
My American Lit. teacher is hilarious, but the Student teacher we have is a bit...I dunno. He kind of bothers me with his horrible memory. He was going to make me take a quiz on something they did while I was gone! DX
My Photography teacher is kind of monotone, but he makes up for it by not talking as much. And he has to put up with this annoying girl who sits next to me in that class. She apparently doesn't know how to do ANYTHING because she's always asking him for help, or saying she's confused about something as simple as "What does the return key mean?" It's in the same place as a regular Enter key, it just has a different name.
And finally, U.S. History...oh yeah...the teacher is funny, but the work he assigns is really hard. And since I'm so behind, it's even harder for me!

But, yeah... >> That was a long rant...I'm pretty sure that was complaining...but it had to be said. I'm glad I typed that all out of my system.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:41 am

Nah that wasn't complaining... I'm sure about that ^.^

I wish they would have had an subject like photography to choose on the school I was on, I would have chosen it for sure.

And I think that Chem. teachers (or other exact subjects... or however you call them in English) is suppose to sound monotone... it suits the subject. All my teachers who were specialized in such subjects all did the same thing.
Although my physics teacher was pretty funny. I had to return something after school but he wasn't in his class room (but the door was unlocked) so I went "Where is that dude!" he comes walking from the store room: "The dude is here." --- of course I resembled a tomato... I blush easily. And he once turned a garbage upon a students head... he was a last year student and he threw a ball of paper at the teacher... revenge was the result. That happened in the cafeteria so it was pretty hilarious to see.

Luckily I didn't have much creepy teachers... the only one was my German teacher... one day (that makes me sound old, doesn't it?) someone drew on the table I always sit at with a waterproof marker but I was kind of afraid to tell him (it was in my first year so I respected all teachers). During my biology lesson he comes walking in saying he wishes to see me during lunch.
I was so scared... and when he asked me why I didn't tell him (after he found out I didn't do it) I remained silent. At that point I stayed silent, just shrugged my shoulders. It was then he won my respect... "Stefanie, are you afraid of me?" He asked real seriously and I justy honestly said yes (long live childhood-trauma). Since then if he was shouting again (cause that was the whole thing that scared me) he made eye-contact, telling me I didn't need to worry... it wasn't directed to me.

Hmm now I'm rambling aren't I?? That's what you get... I love talking about high school memories XD hope you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 pm

I love hearing about it, though. :3 I like hearing what different people experienced through high school.

I'm still going to high school for another couple years, so I'll have more stories after I graduate.

But, my Bio techer last year was the BEST! He was in the Navy, so he told us a bunch of Navy stories. And he let people swear if they stubbed their toe, or it was appropriate. And, if anyone abued that, he made them do something embarrassing like sing Mary Had a Little Lamb in front of the class! And his Mac Laptop was the coolest thing ever. No one was allowed to touch it, but he let me change the songs on it a couple of times for being such a dedicated student.

Heehee, being a good student is totally worth all of the hard work. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:43 am

So true, I had the same thing. My French teacher didn't count a pop-quiz cause I looked pale... I always look pale.
Knowing that teacher, she wouldn't have done that with other students... but since I always had good grades (a 8 or 9 -out of 10-) she thought I was sick (I scored a 3... I forgot to study). Of course I agreed with her... ^.^"

Though not all memories are nice. I really hated my last Economics teacher... he started ranting during class that we (the students) were a bunch of spoiled brats who don't know what it's like to be poor and that we should be ashamed of ourselves.
In my case... my mum has always been poor (my parents are divorced and my dad never paid a cent) so that really hurt me. I was almost crying when class ended. After that it was lunch and when I told my friends they said that I had to talk with that teacher... so I did. As soon as I started talking I almost cried again... the teacher immediately pulled me in his office and started saying that he didn't mean it... but until this day I won't believe it. He didn't sound very honest.

Gah I still hate that teacher... which is kind of sad cause it happened four years ago ^.^" (yes, I can be a spiteful person)

I only have old memories but maybe some new ones will be added soon... I'm thinking about going back to school (college, you could say... like I said before, school system works completely different in Holland). so new ridiculous/annoying teachers for me... yay XD
Back to top Go down
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:28 pm

So far I've only ever really hated substitute teachers. There was this one, Ms. Bacon or something like that, and she fell asleep at her desk! No one in the class knew what to do because she didn't give us our assignment before her head hit the desk!

Although...the student teacher in my American Literature class is really bold. And not the good kind. He kind of makes you feel small...and like you want to crawl in a hole some where. The worst part...is that he's going to teach us for 8 weeks straight without the actual teacher, so I'll probably hate the class during those 8 weeks.

But, most of my teachers seem to like me. My English teacher last year really liked me, and she would talk to me about a lot of stuff that didn't even have to do with school. She would even give me a little more time on certain assignments if I could come up with a better result. :3 I did that with my Final project, and got an A on it instead of the C I was going to get for not having everything completely done.

I just hope this year goes better than how it started. And I'm not looking forward to October at all...I'm going to miss pretty much every Friday because of the Marching Band trips we're taking. And History, I've learned, is a pain in the neck to make up. I'm already struggling to do an assignment I got Monday. We have to make a time-line from fourteen chapters in the book. @.@ I'm still only on the first chapter! And it's due Monday!

Oh, my rambling... >> It'll never stop...
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 am

The teacher fell asleep? That's hilarious if you ask me XD
Never happened when I was in school...
Though a guy in my class fell asleep once... which was funny cause my geography teacher noticed and he tip-toed towards him and gently tapped him on the head with the notes my teacher held in his hand.
The guy shot up...
"I know where we are... we're discussing [names something geography related]."
"Welcome back, Nofel (I believe that was his name), we discussed that ten minutes ago."

Good luck with your History assignment ^.^
I actually liked history most of the time... in our last year we had subjects like Witchcraft and The Industrial Revolution... which I never had before. But learning about the Second World War and the Cold War for the... I don't know how many times we discussed that... way too often.
Back to top Go down
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi there mi amigas! How's it going? I also agree that it's very quiet here hehe. I just had two big glasses of green tea so don't mind my complete out-there attitude right now. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.quizilla.com/user/mezalayla/
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:45 pm

History is my worst subject. DX I've never been very good at learning about something that happened too long ago...

I mean, I know bits and pieces, but I couldn't tell you why the Boston Massacre occured or anything like that.

I've just never had a real interest in the past, or at least, not the kind of History we're learning about. I would much rather learn about a different country or culture or something...

Gahh...I'm not looking forward to October at all. DX I really don't want to spend most of my time marching around. And making up all of the school work I'm going to miss.

Wow... >> An odd segue there...
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:57 am

Oooh I love green tea... especially the variations with Jasmine or Lemon ^.^
Wanna join in on the whole school/religion discussion (yes two total different subjects)... currently we're talking about annoying/hilarious teachers (amongst other subjects XD)

Well, History wasn't my best subject either. And I find it somewhat useless since I don't work in the history branch... I don't know what good it was for me to learn all those dates and events happened in the past, especially if it didn't have any consequences on the present time.

And... the Boston Massacre?? Never heard of... We never learned about the American History... so all I know about the civil war is what I saw/read in 'Gone with the wind' and the tv-serie 'North and South'. ^_^" (is feeling a bit embarrassed now).

Oh and if it makes you feel better... I'm not looking forward to October either cause that might be my last month I have a job and I don't want to end up unemployed and having to ask for financial support from the government (indirect).
Isn't it possible for you to work in advance? Spend some extra time on schoolwork now so you won't have so much in October?
Back to top Go down
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:13 am

Green tea is my favourite. ^^ It makes everything all better. Haha I sound like I'm six. XD
Sure, I'll join said religion/school conversation.

I can't talk about my experience with history class because I haven't had it yet. I don't have it until my second semester, which starts in February. This semester I have Religion, English, Math, and Grade Eleven Art. Haha I'm the only 10th grader in my grade 11 art class. The rest is 11's and 12's.

My religion class makes me want to fall asleep. I don't personally care for it. I mean I'm Catholic but I'm a non-practicing Catholic. XD
Back to top Go down
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:40 pm

American history is just packed full of wars, and sometimes even leading up to wars, or the peace befe/after the wars.

And the Boston Massacre wasn't even as horrible as it sounds! Three people died in te crowd, two died later, and only six others were injured. That hardly counts as a massacre in my books. But, the colonists' newspaper called it that to make it seem like the British were tyrants who would kill to keep their rules strong over seas. I mean, I understand how it might be important for a test, but I highly doubt I'll ever need that information any where else.

The only subjct I actually find interesting, is the Boston Tea Party. There are so many different stories about what he event was actually about, but the one that makes the most sense is that the Colonists didn't like the fact that their smuggled Dutch tea (which was cheaper than the Indian tea with the Tea taxes) became more expensive than the India tea once the British created a new law that took away 3/4 of the price, and that took away the colonists who used to distribute the tea. So, a group of over one hundred colonists snuck onto the cargo ship, and dumped over three hundred crates of tea into the ocean below.

By the way, the only reason I know so much about those right now, is that I just read about them today. ^^;;; Sorry if it was boring, or confusing, but I had to sort out those summaries for my History project.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 am

Oh don't worry... that's actually very interesting to read... I find history interesting, it just depends on the subject.

I once saw this movie (my teachers did that a lot in graduation year... they didn't feel like teaching us so they put on a movie to keep us quiet XD)
Anyway, it's called 'Daens' though I don't know if there's an English version... originally it's Dutch (actually more Flemish) and French. Here's a short summary (really short cause the most impressive things are the little things that happen during the movie).

Quote :
n the 1890s, Father Adolf Daens goes to Aalst, a textile town where child labor is rife, pay and working conditions are horrible, the poor have no vote, and the Catholic church backs the petite bourgeoisie in oppressing workers. He writes a few columns for the Catholic paper, and soon workers are listening and the powerful are in an uproar. He's expelled from the Catholic party, so he starts the Christian Democrats and is elected to Parliament. After Rome disciplines him, he must choose between two callings, as priest and as champion of workers. In subplots, a courageous young woman falls in love with a socialist and survives a shop foreman's rape; children die; prelates play billiards.
Back to top Go down
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:32 am

Hm it seems interesting though I don't really care for religion. eheh, I just find it boring.
Back to top Go down
Nikki | Treasurer

Nikki | Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Oh wow...I bet my U.S. History teacher knows about that movie. He actually lived in Paris, France for 3 years, and another European city that I can't remember at the moment. >> But, he has plenty of knowledge about everything History. He even knows, and can speak, quite a few different languages and accents.

And, he told me that my name is French. Which I didn't know at all, but it makes sense when you think about it. (My real name is Nichelle, by the way. That's the French one.)

I really like my History teacher...but the class is really difficult work-wise. I'm just too lazy to actually study for the class. >> (Another odd segue...maybe. >>)
Back to top Go down
Chunin
Chunin

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:57 am

In my friend's History class they were learing about WW2 I think it was, anyways to teach them and have fun with it he split them up into sides and they had a war using paper balls and everything.

She said it was great.

I wish I had a teacher like that.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
ANBU
ANBU
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:54 am

Sounds like fun XD
My geography teacher from first year (ouch that's a long time ago), who also was a biology teacher would stand on his head to show how peristalsis (of the esophagus... or however you write that) works. He'd also throw a student over his shoulder to show how gravity works. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...   There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There's a tumbleweed blowing through this place...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next